Buying a new stroller in the market can be overwhelming for new parents. There are just so many baby strollers in the market. Let me make things a bit easy for you. These are absolutely the best baby strollers that I found while trying to buy one for my 5-months old girl.
How to Choose a Baby Stroller
Here are some of the pointers you need to consider before buying a stroller-
- Does it suit our lifestyle? Whether you want a stroller to run everyday errands, whether you want a jogging stroller, whether you want a lightweight travel stroller or whether you want a whole travel system (car seat + stroller), how much space would it take in your home / car?
- Does your stroller have enough safety and comfort for your baby Look for five point harness and front wheel suspension.
- What kind of tyres you prefer? Depending on the place you live you need to consider that. If the roads or pavements are smooth in your city, you won’t be too fussy about that. But if you have pebbled paths, gravel or bumpy lanes, you would really want to take tyres in consideration.
- Can your stroller be used from birth uptil a longer time. Check how much weight your stroller can carry. Your stroller should be able to grow with you as your baby grows.
- Would you need a big storage basket or a smaller one would do for you? Most mothers carry diapers bags with them so they need a storage basket. But if you don’t mind being a back-packing diaper bag mom, storage won’t be a deal breaker with you.
- Can you fit other accessories in your stroller or can your stroller become a travel system later on? Investing in a stroller can be overwhelming for new parents and they might not want to take all the decisions regarding stroller in one go. So it’s best to know what you can or cannot add later on in your stroller.
- Does it offer a one hand fold? Also, what is the weight of the stroller Would you be able to fold a stroller with your baby in one hand? Def think about this one.
- Brakes. Does your stroller have hand brake or foot brakes. Most baby strollers have an easy rear wheel foot break but these days some baby strollers also offer hand brakes.
- Recline : Does your stroller have enough recline options because sometimes your baby might fall asleep after a long trip and she might want to take a nap. You don’t want your baby sitting upright in that case.
- Price is obviously a consideration but you would want to give the best to your little one so don’t mind splurging a little extra if that’s what the best for your family and your baby. The stroller would last you years so you do not want to cut corners on it.
Best Baby Strollers to Buy For Your Kid
1. NUNA MIXX2
One of the best multi-tasking stroller.
- Flat Seat recliner so your baby can sleep if he / she gets tired after a lovely stroll.
- No need to buy a separate bassinet for the new born. It is a part of the stroller system.
- Includes a seating system where baby can stroll while both facing the mom or the world.
- Can be used from birth to 50 lbs
- Includes a storage basket and a huge sun canopy.
- Has a click fold lock trolly function so can be stored easily underneath and would occupy less space.
- You can open it with one hand. Easy for a single adult to manage it.
- Has a rear wheel braking system.
- You can also mix it with a PIPA car seat and a MIXX2 bassinet (sold separately).
- Available in 3 colors – black, berry and indigo. Our favourite is black. It would always look chic with every outfit you dress up your kid in.
- Has a calf support for babies. Well rested babies are the happiest. Right?
- It is great for both newborns and toddlers. Has a rear and front facing main seat, a bassinet, and a travel system. So you can use it for a longer time and it can be with you for years to come as your baby grows.
- Your baby can lay flat, can sit half up or fully straight up.
- Comes with a dream drape so your baby can sleep undisturbed.
- PRICE: $599.95 SHOP NOW!
2. BABYZEN YOYO+ STROLLER
If you are looking for a lightweight travel system, this is THE one. It can be taken as an airplane cabin luggage..want more? 🙂
- It is super lightweight.
- It is almost pocket sized when it comes to baby strollers. It can be carried as a cabin luggage. It is only 6.2-6.6 kgs depending on the version.
- The color design is gorgeous – beige black, red black or all over black. I am a little partial towards the beige black version.
- Comes with a fleece lining for extra comfort for your baby in those cold days.
- You can use it from 0 months to 6+ years.
- You can customize the colors – there are 2 colors options (black and white) available for the frame and 7 options for the stroller. We recommend a black frame for sure. Can’t trust kids products with white. Yikes!
- Comes with a 5 point harness to keep your baby very secure and comfortable even during the bumpy rides.
- Comes in 2 versions 0+ version and 6+ version. After 6 months you can use the same frame and just swap the fabrics from 0+ months to 6+ months.
- There is an absolutely great stroller board option. So if you have a toddler, you can use it for him / her. When not in use it can be folded up right away.
- Comes with carry straps. You can literally throw this on your shoulder and carry it as a bag.
- PRICE: $449 SHOP NOW!
3. UPPAbaby VISTA STROLLER
One of the best if you have more than one baby or even planning on more than one.
- UPPAbaby Vista can carry three kids at once. There are two seating options for two kids and an attachable piggy back board, in case your older independent walking kid needs a little break from walking.
- VISTA has an easy foot operated parking brake.
- Can be used from birth upto 22 kgs (48 lbs)
- The pushchair has multiple recline positions. Your baby can ride backward, forward, reclined or completely upright. Kids can be moody so your pushchair can meet their tantrums as your kids grow.
- Has adjustable handles so parents of different heights can adjust the cot according to their comfort.
- Includes a 5 point harness to keep your baby safe.
- Includes a carry cot for a new born baby. So you can carry your sleeping bundle of joy peacefully around.
- UPPAbaby Vista comes with a carrycot storage bag, carrycot mosquito net, toddler seat rain cover and toddler seat mosquito net. I think it is really thoughtful.
- Includes a shopping basket. Every parent needs one of that.
- VISTA can stand when folded. That makes it super easy to store.
- The wheels are sturdy, shock resistant and also no-puncture ones. No flat tyres with this one.
- The VISTA is compatible with select Chicco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, and Cybex infant car seats with VISTA’s adapters.
- Comes in 11 color options – I love the gorgeous ruby red and black combination called ‘Denny’ and a navy blue and black combination called ‘Taylor’.
- It includes a sun cover and a magnetic peek-a-boo window. Parents can’t do without that one.
- Overall a sturdy, versatile and a heavy duty stroller. It grows as your babies and your family grows.
- PRICE: $899.99 SHOP NOW!
4. BUGABOO BEE 5
One of the best baby strollers for busy urban parents. It’s compact, lightweight and an easy go-to stroller for your busy lives.
- One of the coolest things about Bugaboo is that you can choose a pre-made stroller or can customise it and make it your own. You can pick a frame, seat covers, handle bar color, wheel caps, sun canopy colors, and even add some cool accessories (wheel board, cup holder, parasol) along with. Nothing like making a special one for your baby.
The sun canopy is extendable for better protection of your baby from sun, wind and rain.
- It is a one hand and a one piece fold stroller.
- Has 4 wheel suspension.
- There is a reversible padded seating so your baby can sit both parent-facing and world-facing. There is also a recline for your baby to enjoy the stroll comfortably.
- Easy to manoeuvre on those busy days.
- Can carry upto 37.5lbs.
- The stroller can be used for a newborn when used with a carry cot or baby cocoon.
- The weight of stroller is 19.2 lbs so easy to carry around anywhere you go.
- This little lightweight champ is definitely one of our favourites.
- PRICE: $789 SHOP NOW!
5. CHICCO BRAVO QUICK-FOLD STROLLER
One affordable baby stroller that is at par with many other high-end baby strollers.
- Comes with a 5 point safety harness to keep your baby safe.
- It also includes a newborn insert that helps support baby’s head and spine.
- Bravo has a three-position reclining seat and can be made to an almost flat seat too. Your toddler can comfortably take naps in the stroller.
- However when your baby is newborn, you should use the KeyFIT 30 Infant Car seat and not the actual stroller toddler seat.
- You can buy just the stroller or 3-in-1 travel system. That includes a stroller, a car seat and the base. The 3-in-1 travel system is really popular with parents because then you don’t have to buy everything separately and you can take your baby out from the very early days. Plus it is price effective.
- The stroller fits well with KeyFit 30 Infant Car Seat. You can literally convert your stroller to an infant car seat carrier within seconds. You have an option to either remover or not remove the toddler seat to attach your cat seat in the stroller frame. With a few clicks you and remove the canopy, fold the toddler seat and click-attach the car seat on the frame. And I think that is absolutely brilliant. This makes the stroller work for your baby from both until the toddler age.
- Can carry upto 50lbs
- The canopy is large to provide a good sun protection to the baby.
- Love the chic black and grey designs.
- The push handle is height adjustable.
- Lockable front-swivel wheels with suspension. Makes for a smoother ride for your baby.
- Includes a large storage basket.
- Bravo comes with EVA foam tires. So no flat tyres.
- If you are on a budget, this is the one you should be investing in.
- PRICE: $229.99 SHOP NOW!
6. Baby Jogger City Mini GT
one of the sturdiest baby strollers if you don’t have the smoothest paths for your strolls.
- I’d start by mentioning that although it is called a baby jogger, it is not a jogging stroller. It’s a city stroller but a sturdy one even for those gravel rough paths.
- One hand fold. Literally just reach down for a belt, pull it up and the stroller fold in half. That easy.
- Comes in 3 chic colors. Charcoal, black and steel grey. Always partial towards black but for this one it’s hard to pick. I like all 3.
- This one has hand break on the side so you don’t have to keep looking for a foot break. Just assuringly use your thumb to stop and park the stroller.
- The stroller weight is 33.78 lb, which is a bit heavier compared to most baby strollers. So that is something you need to consider according to your needs and lifestyle.
- Another super thing about City Mini GT is that it can hold up to 65lbs. This is quite on the higher end as compared to the other baby strollers. No worries for big toddlers. City Mini GT has got you covered.
- The seat can recline to almost flat so if there’s a quick diaper change you need to do or your baby needs a nap, this is what you want.
- It has a front wheel suspension so you have a great control. The wheels are all-terrain so you can use the same stroller in city, on hikes and even on rough gravel paths. A big yay!
- The handlebar is adjustable so it’s great for parents of different heights.
- It can be converted to a travel system. Not only you can buy the City GO infant car seat but the company offers various adapters for many other car seats that you might already have.
- The only bummer with this one that parents complain is the smaller storage basket. If you don’t mind that, this baby is a go-go for years to come.
- PRICE: $359.99 SHOP NOW!
7. GB POCKIT STROLLER
It’s literally a pocket sized stroller. It holds a Guinness Book of World record for world’s most compact stroller.
- It is small and lightweight but not a weak one. It is a strong sturdy stroller that can hold upto 55 lbs. That means you can use it until you no longer would need a stroller.
- It’s for parents who travel a lot or don’t have enough space in their home to store a big stroller.
- It is definitely a toddler stroller (6 months and above) and not an infant stroller.
- This can also be your second stroller for when you travel because it can literally fit any train or airplane cabin.
- This kind of stroller is more about how your lifestyle is- do you travel a lot , do you take regular tubes or trams, do you have a small space to store a big stroller.. If the answer to all this is a ‘yes’ this is the one for you.
- It has a storage bin underneath. It might not be the most massive one but with a stroller this compact, it is a sheer genius.
- Five point harness to keep your baby safe.
- Has a decent sized canopy
- The front swivel wheels are lockable. Also has rear wheel parking brakes.
- Has padded seating for comfort.
- You can even buy a bag to store this compact cuteness as an added accessory.
- PRICE: $179.95 SHOPNOW!
8. BRITAX B-AGILE 3
A perfect lightweight wide-seat city stroller. It is one of those baby strollers that looks like a full sized standard stroller but is actually lightweight because of its aluminium frame.
- It weighs 18 lbs, which is lighter compared to many other baby strollers on
- It can be used from birth until 55lbs.
- It has three wheels and front wheel is a swivel wheel, so you can literally breeze through narrow lanes or busy crowds. That said the front wheel can also be locked and can easily be manoeuvred on rough and tough surfaces.
- The frame can be converted to a travel system with an infant seat.
- There’s a parking break that locks the rear wheels.
- Five point harness to keep your baby safe and secure.
- Includes a large canopy with peek-a-boo window and UV 50+ protection from sun rays.
- The handle bar is not adjustable but it is of decent medium height that most average height adults can easily manoeuvre.
- Has an easy one hand fold. Lift the flap on foot rest, pull the foot rest and it folds. There is a lock on the side so the stroller stays locked in place.
- Available in 4 different color combinations – red/ black, all black, green / black, and grey black. I love the vibrant red/ black combination the most.
- There is a small zipper pocket behind the seat ( you can use it to keep your wallet or phone) and a lovely large storage basket underneath.
- has a comfortable long leg rest so yay! for taller babes!
- Has a multi-position recline and can be used almost flat so your baby can sleep in it after long shopping trips. 🙂
- PRICE: $216.99 SHOP NOW!
9. Thule Urban Glide Jogging Stroller
One of the best for parents who want to stay active.
- It has big 16″ rear wheels and a smaller front wheel. Gives it more control when you are jogging.
- It has a lockable front swivel heel so you can easily manoeuvre ( slow it down or stop it) during your running trips.
- The stroller’s weight is 25.3 lb
- Comes with large canopy and the canopy can totally be unfolded if your child wants to enjoy a bit of warm sunshine.
- Thule Urban Glide has a twist hand brake so you can easily control the stroller while running or on a hilly terrain.
- It has a quick one hand fold but this one does not stand upright on its own. But you can literally slide it underneath your bed or keep it stashed in your car trunk.
- This stroller has a peek-a-boo window with magnetic closure, a reclining seat and a multi-position canopy.
- It also has an adjustable handlebar.
- Comfortable padded seat that can be reclined to near flat for comfortable napping.
- On its own it is a toddler stroller but you can use the same frame with a bassinet and a car seat ( sold separately)
- It can hold upto 75 lbs, which definitely is on the most higher end of the baby strollers.
- Has a lot of storage space. There are two mesh pockets on the seat to keep your bottles, there is a close storage basket underneath, and also a small zip pocket at the back. You can really go for a hike, have your picnic essentials, enjoy and come back. 🙂
- Available in 4 colors. We love an overall black with blue details. Adds just the right amount of fun with a hint of color here and there.
- You can also separately buy a bumper bar so your kids can hold on to it.
- PRICE: $479.95 SHOP NOW!
Hope you liked my selection of baby strollers. Let me know which one is your favourite in comments below. If you want to add to this list of baby strollers, don’t forget to comment with the product name. 🙂